Perdue believes the recently filed class-action lawsuit, alleging that our plant personnel knowingly hired undocumented workers in an effort to keep wages low, is without merit and therefore we will vigorously defend the suit.
It is important to note that:
- Perdue only hires persons who present acceptable government identification showing that they are authorized to work in the United States.
- Our Human Resources staffs have extensive training in Form I-9 (Department of Homeland Security Employment Eligibility Verification) procedures and employment verification.
- We go the extra step of electronically verifying Social Security numbers and work authorization numbers against government records, and have been participating in the government's "E-Verify" program and its predecessor for more than a decade.
- If we find at any time that an associate has presented false documentation, we terminate that person's employment.
- We conduct regular audits to evaluate our hiring processes, including Form I-9 procedures and employment verification.
- Perdue is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its hiring practices.