We Believe in Being Responsible Stewards of Our Natural Resources
Each of our major operations has an environmental scorecard to measure compliance, sustainability efforts and associate involvement. The scorecard drives continuous improvement, with facility and company goals for water reduction, recycling, energy conservation and CO2 emissions.
Our renewable energy efforts include:
- Two solar panel installations that reduce carbon emissions by 3,000 tons per year
- A biomass boiler that burns soybean stalks, pods and woodchips, providing steam for soybean processing while generating electricity back to the grid, reducing CO2 output by 18,000 tons each year
- An innovative system that captures methane from a wastewater pond to fuel a generator and uses heat from the generator to provide hot water, cutting CO2 output by 52,000 tons annually
- Downstream reuse in our harvest plants recycles water for non-food-contact use and reduces the volume going to wastewater treatment
- Recirculating cooling towers in Perdue AgriBusiness significantly reduce the amount of water used for soy processing