5 Lesser-Known Facts About
America’s Hardworking Family Farmers
Each and every purchase you make on Perduefarms.com supports small family farmers and ranchers within one of our brands' networks. Your purchase not only helps that farmer, but the next generation of farmers who will inherit his or her land.
Number of U.S. Farms Operated by Families
Our networks of small family farmers and ranchers keep the centuries-old tradition of farming alive in America.1
Population Fed by One U.S. Farm Per Year
Our farmers and ranchers grow the food that feeds and nourishes our families. 2
Farmer's Portion of Each Food Dollar Spent
Our small family farmers and ranchers work hard for the money they earn.3
U.S. Farmers Who Lose Money Each Year
We offer scholarship and support programs for the farmers and ranchers in our networks.4
U.S. Farmland That Will Change Hands in the Next 20 Years
Although legacy is a concern, we work hard to keep farmers and ranchers on their land and in their communities.5
1. “America’s Diverse Family Farms: 2018 Edition,” USDA.
2. “Fast Facts About Agriculture & Food,” American Farm Bureau Federation.
3. “Food Dollar Series,” USDA
4. “Highlights From the February 2020 Farm Income Forecast,” USDA.
5. “Family Farms,” National Institute of Food and Agriculture.